Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2009 Formula launch the new xc brake R1 (280g) with floating discs and magnesium or carbonlevers. The brakepower should be above the Oro puro. The brake comes in black with red screws.Unfortunately i have no pics!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The full on carbon/ti version (read expensive) is down to 240 grams,

and it's a radial lever,like Hayes stroker, the old Formula B4 and Shimano.

Allegedly.

·
Super Moderator
20,808 Posts
I have some more info from German mountain bike mag (will scan it later from home)

the brakes have a claimed weight of 280g with 160mm rotors and about 300g with 180mm rotors....rotors with an alu carrier will be an option

levers options will be carbon or magnesium

they should be available from September for about 250 EUR (in Germany)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Prof said:
No effn way I am looking at brakes with a girl like that on an ad. If it wasnt posted on mtbr, I wouldnt have even noticed the bike.

·
meow, meow.
2,498 Posts
I think it says in German on the scan that Formula is considering to discontinue the Oro line. I had plans to replace my K24s with Puros for carbon levers (they don't freeze your fingers off in the winter like aluminum ones) and proper Ti hardware... looks like there's no need to bother anymore ).

Pain of choice between carbon and magnesium levers, the scanned text says? Why would one want a Mg lever, is it lighter or stiffer or stronger than carbon?

1 - 20 of 250 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.