Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think a 2009 Rock Shox Tora 318 U-Turn is a good one for the money.

BTW, I'm selling a 2009 Rock Shox Tora 318 U-Turn (disc brakes only). It's only 3 months old with about 20 miles on it. Just ordered a new bike and it comes with a tora, so I don't need both.

·
Registered
242 Posts
After going thru three Rock Shox and messing with warrantys trying to save money I bought a Fox for less than I spent on all the RS and have had no probs.I even bought a used 02 Fox from a friend for my second bike and after a year of riding it its still perfect.

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
730 Posts
yea i rock a tora sl air on my beater GF bike and its awesome/ hasnt let me down since I got it... not to mention I havent taken care of it at all and it still works like new

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
The tora 318 is a good upgrade like the others said stay away from the 302!!!! If you can get a good deal also look at a recon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was actually just talking to my friend and he said that 3 of his rockshox all broke and he had to rebuild them several times. I might just dish out a little extra cash and go fox. Which fox forks are good?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Phonehome said:
I was actually just talking to my friend and he said that 3 of his rockshox all broke and he had to rebuild them several times. I might just dish out a little extra cash and go fox. Which fox forks are good?
The current 32 mm Fox IMHO would be a great choise . 2009/2010 RL / RLC .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I know what fork im going to choose, im gonna contuinally upgrade my bike. What parts should I upgrade first? Like which are the most important and are going to enchance my riding experince.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Phonehome said:
I think I know what fork im going to choose, im gonna contuinally upgrade my bike. What parts should I upgrade first? Like which are the most important and are going to enchance my riding experince.
Wheels usually make the biggest difference .

·
bike-zilla
241 Posts
tora or recon, either one you should get motion control. Jenson has a sweet deal on recon 351 u-turns that are brand new takeoffs, around $220 IIRC. Not saying that fox isn't good, or some marzocchi's for that matter, but I have both a tora and a recon and they are great.

edit: best bang for the buck upgrade is tires- get something that fits your terrain and riding style and it will make a world of difference. Next best thing is wheels (or fork depending on what you have now...) I say ride it til it breaks, then upgrade

·
Underskilled
4,816 Posts
Hi,

I jusr realised we made the most basic mistake on offering advice, we did not ask budget.

The cheapest GOOD fork is the Tora 318.
The recon is a lighter version of the Tora.
The reba is an awesome fork but gettig quite high end.

All Fox forks are good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.