Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls. Just slapped on a new fork and guess what? Its so much better up front. So much so that I now notice there is no suspension in the back. How did I not know for so long? Well, I can't have that now can I?

Oh, by the way, nice car. Too bad it does not match the bike. ;)

Attachments

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Dirdir said:
Hey boys and girls. Just slapped on a new fork and guess what? Its so much better up front. So much so that I now notice there is no suspension in the back. How did I not know for so long? Well, I can't have that now can I?

How much travel do you have up front now, compared to the old fork?

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Not to change this thread too much but I see a lot of people using Marzocchi products and mostly hear good reviews. It was amazing the difference between the Sherman Firefly and the Z1 FR 1 I now have on my bike. What is the over all opinion across the board 3” to what ever as too which “brand” seems to be the best for Arizona trails?

If this changes the thread too much please delete this comment.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
OMG how many friggin' spacers do you have between your HS & stem??? That's insane! Is your frame the wrong size or something??
Hmm.....Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "How many spacers is to much?"

Nice fork though!

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Dirdir said:

Is that a 'Zocchi Marathon S or SL? '04?

Copycat - you just had to get what I got (admittedly from riggse). But...mine is bigger - 120 mm vs. your 105 mm, though yours looks closer to mine.

And lose the stickers on the fork.

OMG how many friggin' spacers do you have between your HS & stem??? That's insane! Is your frame the wrong size or something??

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
The frame is the correct size, I just like the bars even with the seat. IMO, either I am missing something, like higher rise bars or stem, or the frame geometry is just very XC geekish. However, I am not sure it is any of these things. Geometry is pretty close to a Kona Unit, bars are 1 inch risers (I think) and the stem is not flat. So, I don't know.

Maybe you could come over and help?

·
Registered
45 Posts
WTF...You are getting old

You must be getting old if you want full susspension. Too bad you don't have a good full suspension bike to compliment your riding style, say a Turner 6-spot, or something like that. Oh, and watch your language when you use this site. :cool:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i find that my surly karate monkey fork works well on almost all but the most intense trails. in fact, i took my marzocchi fork off to run it. i don't see myself going back to it anytime soon unless i'm doing a really rough, epic ride.

its seen t100 many times, national, desert classic, telegraph and geronimo.

QUOTE=trb2929]Not to change this thread too much but I see a lot of people using Marzocchi products and mostly hear good reviews. It was amazing the difference between the Sherman Firefly and the Z1 FR 1 I now have on my bike. What is the over all opinion across the board 3" to what ever as too which "brand" seems to be the best for Arizona trails?

If this changes the thread too much please delete this comment.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The real question is... how does it ride? Ride, Dirdir... its the part the pedals are used for... remember them? Clip in, grab on to those green thingies suspended by too many spacers, place your arse on the seat and ride!!! :)

I rode my old Specialized singlespeed and my Mongoose singlespeed with as many spacers as I could fit on there, along with a 17 degree riser stem. Oh well, just ride! :D

Dirdir said:
The frame is the correct size, I just like the bars even with the seat. IMO, either I am missing something, like higher rise bars or stem, or the frame geometry is just very XC geekish. However, I am not sure it is any of these things. Geometry is pretty close to a Kona Unit, bars are 1 inch risers (I think) and the stem is not flat. So, I don't know.

Maybe you could come over and help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.