Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2010 Trek Fuel ex8 with a 120mm tapered f-series RL. I've recently been thinking of upgrading my fork to a 2012 Fox Float 120mm RLC fork with 15mm axle. The fork I've found is brand new and it's $400. I'm trying to find convincing evidence why I should switch. Please post proc and cons.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If your original fork is a QR, a thru axle would be enough to move me into a new fork.
Except that means buying a new front wheel so more $$.

Why do you want to replace the original fork?
In addition to getting a new fork there are other options, PUSH or an Avalanche cartridge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have hope pro II evo hubs so converting is $25 bucks. I do want to try to switch to a 15mm axle for more stiffness. I am also contemplating the PUSH option but the complete overhaul is $200, if I want new lowers it's $205 and if I want the low speed compression (CTD FIT) that's another $200. That's where I'm stuck. I have rebound and lockout, what's the extra benefit of Low Speed Compression. Is it something to worry about?

My other issue is figuring out the offset on my current fork and the new one. Need more information on the impact if it's different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts