Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went with the Manitou upgrade, though I suppose its wasn't so much of an upgrade as it was an excuse to get rid of that dorado. The Travis is excellent, the trails around my house are so much more fun w/out lugging that dorado around. Current weight: 41#

Just one question, what to do with the steerer. The shop said to find where I like it then take it in to cut it, but I was wondering if its all just personal preference or if the height of the bars makes a big differnece.

Pic w/ Dorado = before

Pics w/ Travis = after

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raptordude said:
Nice Fork! Out of curiousity why didn't you spring for the 1.5 headtube version?
The Dorado was 1 1/8", and the shop reminded me I would need a new headset and stem to get the onepointfive tube, and the $350 it took to get the new fork emptied my pockets of all free cash.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
for the steerer tube, mess around with the spacers before you get it cut. once you get it cut down a bit leave room for maybe 4 spacers so you can kind of mess around with the height. with the bars lower it is easier i guess to lift the front end for jumping and such, but for other trail riding having a few spacers is good IMO. just cut that thing down a bit and then see how you want it.

the travis looks good on it...tell us how it does

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ebfreerider510 said:
for the steerer tube, mess around with the spacers before you get it cut. once you get it cut down a bit leave room for maybe 4 spacers so you can kind of mess around with the height. with the bars lower it is easier i guess to lift the front end for jumping and such, but for other trail riding having a few spacers is good IMO. just cut that thing down a bit and then see how you want it.

the travis looks good on it...tell us how it does
It does amazing, trail riding is no longer a painful workout to pass time till I get to ride the lifts. Its a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.