Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a trek 4300 disc. upgrades: xtr r derailluer, xt cassette, sram 9spd chain, bontrager race lite stem and bar, lx shifters, hope mini rear disc brake, and one lx lever for the stock front disc (mech). I'm debating getting a used p.3. how much do you think they will go for. or a new fork for around $300-400. What do you think i should do and why?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
get a used P.3, they should be around 600-700 and move all of ur upgrades from ur trek to the P.3

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
Chikity China said:
get a used P.3, they should be around 600-700 and move all of ur upgrades from ur trek to the P.3
what chikity said.

that would be yur best bet, a 4300 is not really good for doing DJ or FR or urban stuff and you would be much better off with a P3

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
thebikedoctor33 said:
what are some other good hardtails? i want to send like $500 plus or minus $100
The Azonic SteelHead is a pritty good and aforable frame..

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
VIA said:
The Azonic SteelHead is a pritty god and aforable frame..
you could build up a good bike with a soul cycles titan frame. just buy the frame and a fork from them and stick on the rest

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
thebikedoctor33 said:
what are some other good hardtails? i want to send like $500 plus or minus $100
considering you've got some nice components allready i would just buy a new frame and fork. look into something like a soul cycles titan or azonic steelhead for the frame.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It seems just like a week ago, acually it was a week ago, but back to the point. I faced the same delema. I thought to myself, if i upgrade my current bike it would cost more than a new bike all together. So I went down to my LBS and BAM, there was a gemini 900 for 1200 dollars. Coincidence, i think not.

·
where's the kick stand?
674 Posts
hey I have a hartail for sale.$650 US.interested?otherwise go with the p.3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts