Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Raleigh Tokul 3, and I'm trying to find a good value fork to upgrade the stock suntour XCR Air.

I want something under $400 max, preferably under 300, in 120+ mm travel. 27.5+ boost spacing.

I just don't know much about forks and which direction to go to.

I do see they have the next level up suntour on ebay for $100, so thats my current best option for value.

·
PoDaddy
178 Posts
I'm of the belief that in most cases upgrading the fork is money poorly spent due to the cost. Without going way over your budget it will be tough to gain a noticeable performance improvement over your current fork.

If it were me, I'd save the money for a future bike upgrade if it was really burning a hole in my pocket. I hear the Tokul 3 is pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm of the belief that in most cases upgrading the fork is money poorly spent due to the cost. Without going way over your budget it will be tough to gain a noticeable performance improvement over your current fork.

If it were me, I'd save the money for a future bike upgrade if it was really burning a hole in my pocket. I hear the Tokul 3 is pretty sweet though.
+1

Most of the time it's a waist of money to upgrade parts. If something broke that is a different story. Otherwise it's better to save your money and put it to a new bike.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really think I'd ever need a new bike apart from this one. Full susp. is overkill in my area, all anyone needs here is a good hardtail.

Already upgraded my wheels, tires, and brakes, and my 1x11 sram drive is fine.

·
PoDaddy
178 Posts
if you really want to maximize fun for your coin, why not try out a rigid fork? after my first ride on a rigid bike I sold my full suspension (2018 Marin Rift Zone 3) to buy one (Surly Krampus) and haven't looked back. The fun factor really is mind blowing and hard to describe. It'll make you a better rider too.

Then when you throw your current fork back on (which you may never do, I swear) it'll be like you just bought a $900 Pike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.