Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a fork for my Vagrant. I was looking for a FR fork around 5 to 6 inch fork. I found this one and it sounds like exactly what I want...BUT...being that there has been some custom lowering and machine work, I would like some others to chime in before I pull the trigger. Please post your thought positive or negative. Does this void warranty? All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/328051/

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Pretty sure you know the answer on the warranty issue (definitely voided unless Marz. did the machining). Other than that it looks OK. BTW, I don't think warranties are transferrable anyway. They usually are good for the original owner only. Another option woould be a new 55R; 140mm travel and the price is pretty close. No bells and whistles but for a jump bike it works fine.

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses

I will probably pass. For that price, like you all said, I could get a Brand new fork. I was sketched out for obvious reasons. Looks like the Domain it is.

·
100% Cheesy Goodness
489 Posts
The Domain is a decent fork. My 66 was/is pretty sweet too. It ran like a top and I have had 0 issues with it. If it doesn't sell, it will probably wind up on my HT or something. And yes, machining internals void the warranty all to heck. Besides, the warranty is only good 1 year or something like that anyway. I might machine an adaptor and put it back to 7" (which shouldn't be too hard on the boss's new CNC turning center).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.