Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo
i am 99% sure that i am going to start dh racing this upcoming season, so i would like to get a new DH fork, i currently have a 2002 super t pro and i need to get a fork sooner or later, so why not right before the dh season. i am liking the 2005 boXXer team, WC is to much for me, race is to crap, so team sounds like itll do, its got...external rebound and slow speed compression and internal high speed comp which sounds enough for me! i do not have a shat load of money, the money from selling my super t, and working, so its not like i got the money pileing up.

if you got any input with the 2005 boxxer team please tell, and please, no one say boxxers suck because you just heard some people on the interent who said that boxxers suck

any other fork reccomendations?
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Unless you're trying to race professionaly, why not just stick with what you have? I know a lot of times this is not really what people want to hear but you have to think about whether or not buying a new fork "makes sense" I mean I almost bought a fox 40r but then I realized I would rather use the money on something I would actually use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
yo
i am 99% sure that i am going to start dh racing this upcoming season, so i would like to get a new DH fork, i currently have a 2002 super t pro and i need to get a fork sooner or later, so why not right before the dh season. i am liking the 2005 boXXer team, WC is to much for me, race is to crap, so team sounds like itll do, its got...external rebound and slow speed compression and internal high speed comp which sounds enough for me! i do not have a shat load of money, the money from selling my super t, and working, so its not like i got the money pileing up.

if you got any input with the 2005 boxxer team please tell, and please, no one say boxxers suck because you just heard some people on the interent who said that boxxers suck

any other fork reccomendations?
thanks
yeah.... i would reccomend a 66. :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
doesn't seem like you completely need a new fork. if the fork you have works well then it would be ok. a new can do alot of help though, but i would look into a 66 or 888. i ride a 888 and trust me you really won't regret it if you get one.
 

·
Portland, OR
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
I dont think a 66 would suit you. I mean its a great fork and everything, but I think its more freeride intended. I would go with a 888, but if the super T is working just fine ? then spend your money on something else that you will or might need.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,422 Posts
I'm a Manitou man but i wouldnt say no to a Boxxer. I had a 2003 team issue black box it was & still is the smoothest, plushest fork ever. I sold the fork with a bike to a friend & regret it. The Boxxers today are better than that fork, i belive it will make you very very happy man.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
As far as the newer Races being crap I'd beg to differ. The previous models 2004-prior had TERRIBLE problems with spiking and such at high speeds and just generally weren't that great of a fork. However, the newer ones are completely redesigned and get rid of that entirely. That's one of the reasons (besides being a cheap biotch, and running out of funding when I built my bike) that I got one. While I still need to dial it in and will probably get it blackbox'd/mojo'd/push'd or whatever in the spring just to custom tune it to me, it feels great straight out of the box.


And as others have said, you could do just fine on your SuperT. Those 02s are much lighter than a lot of modern forks and have EXCELLENT dampening and what not as most highend Marz forks do. So I think that the true racer-johnny move would be to ride what you have :p .
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
hmmm...racing 2002 Super T.....wow great choice...someone would have to be pretty dumb(sorry) to give up that fork...If I was going to race a lot that is the fork I would search for...it is light and does a great job.

(assumption) i think your only proplem is..... you have not changed the oil in a long time....change the oil and it will feel like a bran new fork

BTW if you are having issues with it then have it rebuilt by marzocchi...it will do wonders


Bottom Line....Great great fork...race with it
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
Sombrio69 said:
i or the new Man. Travis. .
manitou customer service sucks...and they are having proplems with the travis....just like the X works (discontinued)
 

·
kona-tize me captain
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
simple choice here- avalanche.......if you can afford it.


come on man you know the answer to this go marzocchi no problems with the company and if there is they will solve them for you. get the 888 speedgoat has the 06's even some white ones but if you wana get one u gotta get em quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
or the fox 40 im pretty sure it lighter than the 888. not sure tho but i personaly like marz brand better.
 

·
N* Bomber Crew
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
You don't need that Boxxer to race. Hell I raced on my Z150...and it was fine. I even got on the podium with the Z. Instead of blowing money on the fork, blow money on stuff you'll need...like good protection gear. You can take quite a tumble on a DH race course......

Keep the Super T.
 

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alrgiht guys, thats for the imput, ill change my oil in my T and see how she feels, im pretty sure that i will change my mind after i get the oil cahnge, cause it is in dire need of one
even with my freinds drop off triple, we changed the oil and it felt so much better than before
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
alrgiht guys, thats for the imput, ill change my oil in my T and see how she feels, im pretty sure that i will change my mind after i get the oil cahnge, cause it is in dire need of one
even with my freinds drop off triple, we changed the oil and it felt so much better than before

Also consider changing the seals/bushings if they are still the originals it will def be time. Nothing wrong with a Super T (as stated by others) just not as bling, but you can get the ladies drinks at the bar with the $$$ saved.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
how much for an intire rebuilt

are there any upgrades for a super t? new cart. or something?

im just thinking outside the box but im most likely going to change the oil
Super T cartridges are great. No need to change unless something is broke. The maintenance on those forks is really easy, can be done with basic mechanical understanding and downloading service manuals from Marz.

what is it again that you do not like about your 02 super t?
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
how much for an intire rebuilt

are there any upgrades for a super t? new cart. or something?

im just thinking outside the box but im most likely going to change the oil
Give marz a call, they will be glad to help you
800-227-5579
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top