Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
let freedom ring!
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks I need some opinions! I Cant afford a Marz 66 and not really sure I need one anyways. But in my price range I have narrowed it down to these forks and wheelsets. If you know of something better in this price range let me know I am always open for suggestions.

this fork

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16007-315_MARZ16-138-Marzocchi_Special--/Marzocchi-Z1-Sport-Suspension-Fork-'06.htm

or this one?

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1595

this wheelset

http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/ItemDesc.asp?IC=WH-FAC-Outlw150

or this one?

http://transitionbikes.com/2007/Components_Revolution.cfm

and on the Revolution do I get the 32 or 36mm size?
 

·
Formerly DMR For Life
Joined
·
989 Posts
Get Lost said:
Ok folks I need some opinions! I Cant afford a Marz 66 and not really sure I need one anyways. But in my price range I have narrowed it down to these forks and wheelsets. If you know of something better in this price range let me know I am always open for suggestions.

this fork

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16007-315_MARZ16-138-Marzocchi_Special--/Marzocchi-Z1-Sport-Suspension-Fork-'06.htm

or this one?

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1595

this one it comes with better adjustments and adjustable travel

this wheelset

http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/ItemDesc.asp?IC=WH-FAC-Outlw150

This one won't fit a reign due to the hub spacing but these will http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/ItemDesc.asp?IC=QWE9965 but is over kill for most riders

or this one?

http://transitionbikes.com/2007/Components_Revolution.cfm

and on the Revolution do I get the 32 or 36mm size?
I would go for the revolutions in the 32mm
hope that helps

DMR
 

·
I heart the drops
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
answers

I would choose a fork with adjustable travel between 150 - 120/130 the marzocchi with the eta or ata are great it slackens up your head tube angle so it makes it hard to climb

the outlaws are definetly the way to go but make sure you get the rear with 135mm spacing not 150mm and if you go straight through azonic you can get the all white model which are the hotness

150mm fork



130mm fork



hope this helps
 

·
Formerly DMR For Life
Joined
·
989 Posts
giantsaam said:
I would choose a fork with adjustable travel between 150 - 120/130 the marzocchi with the eta or ata are great it slackens up your head tube angle so it makes it hard to climb
I totally argee

giantsaam said:
the outlaws are definetly the way to go but make sure you get the rear with 135mm spacing not 150mm and if you go straight through azonic you can get the all white model which are the hotness
I would think that the 36 spokes on the outlaws are a bit much for most AM riding unless your really pushing the FR side of things i would save the weight and go with the revolutions

DMR
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top