Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,637 Posts
The big S is firing up the legal team right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clue me in to this! what the crap is the problem? i'm looking to find out more about this bike and everyone is treating me like I got the plague . man up and say something, I'm getting pissed off!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The bike you posted about has been called a "Fat boy" by the manufacture. The name "Fat Boy" is registered to Spesialized bicycles and there fore this is a breach of that registration. No one is cares about you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this company has a bike called the Beach Girl, another called the Beach Boy, and their fat bike called the Fat Boy ..... seemed like a sensible progression .... maybe they can put a sticker on it that says fat cruzer ? hope they can work it out between themselves. Do any of you actually own a company or a product? Things like this can happen, so anyway it's not really mine or your problem sooooooooooo, can we get back to my original question? or are you guys just too pissed on at this point to care?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Specialized is a sue happy bike company...that's what these guys are talking about. Google it and you'll see. I think when you posted that link we all face palmed and felt sorry for the Beach cruiser place, they probably don't know either.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
$734.95? Looks like a Walgoose level bike to me.
I'd look elsewhere if you want a capable fatbike. There are much better options in this price range.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$734.95? Looks like a Walgoose level bike to me.
I'd look elsewhere if you want a capable fatbike. There are much better options in this price range.
The problem with this bike is its a two speed and I really need 8 ish or better. I will use this on pavement and sand, I live at the beach and we either have a south wind or a north wind, so low gears are important but going with the wind the higher gears would be nice. I also want to tour with it, all beach stuff, and camp off of it. It will never see dirt! Not really anyway. A friend rents a couple of walgooses and had a lot of problems with them. I looked at another brand that another renter was using and they had broken frame problems. Now this is the third lower end bike but fear the two speed won't cut it and it's only a 4 inch tire. I was considering putting more gearing on? Alfine 8? but then that starts to cost ...... I'm on a budget so I'm window shopping.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Alfine 8's run in the $300-400 range, not a part your'e going to find on a cheap bike. You can find the older 500 model on ebay for less than $200, then you still need to buy the shifter, cassette joint, and special nuts to make it work.

An old first generation Pugsley is your best "cheap" bike, keep an eye out in the classifieds. They came with minimalist tread tires at first, which are still ok on sand.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
...No one is cares about you.
That's a bit harsh. He was simply asking a genuine question because he didn't know what the problem was. I didn't understand the references either until it was made clear it was Specialized's brand name, and I've been on this forum a long while.

Reactions: spidennis

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a bit harsh. He was simply asking a genuine question because he didn't know what the problem was. I didn't understand the references either until it was made clear it was Specialized's brand name, and I've been on this forum a long while.
I looked at this poster's join date and amount of posts, all very new. I've seen this pattern before. Admins will take care of this kind of thing sooner or later. Thank you for noticing though and pointing it out.

On a positive note, I've been getting some good feed back and while a Moonlander is something I can only drool over I did hear about the walgoose upgrade : http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/dolo-semi-wild-mongoose-dolomite-902410-11.html

It's quite the improvement over the first model and still in my price range so I'm leaning towards that right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts