Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RUNE!!!!

Just came home with this last night! Not the most spectacular of builds, but for $2.2k, it will definitely do. Can't wait to break this bad boy in!

Merry X-mas to me!

Bike Specs:

* Frame Size & Color: Banshee Rune, large anodized gold
* Fork: Rockshox Lyrik 2-step 160-115mm
* Shock: Fox RP23
* Brakes: SLX
* Cranks: SLX w/Syncros bash
* Front Derailleur: SLX
* Rear Derailleur: SLX shadow
* Shifters: SLX
* Pedals: CB Acid 1
* Stem: Syncros FR 50mm (1.5")
* Handlebar: Funn Fatboy O/S wide bars
* Seatpost: Race Face Evolve (to be replaced by 4" GD adjustable post w/remote)
* Saddle: WTB Pure V Race
* Bottom Bracket: SLX
* Cassette: SLX
* Chain: SLX
* Headset: FSA Big Fat Pig 1.5"
* Grips: Syncros
* Front Tire: 2.35 Nevegal
* Front Rim: Syncros DP25
* Front Hub/Skewer: Syncros DH/20mm Maxle
* Rear Tire: 2.35 Nevegal
* Rear Rim: Syncros DP25
* Rear Hub/Skewer: Syncros DH/10mm QR

* Weight: 34.7 lbs. and gaining

Attachments

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FM said:
Sweet, congrats!!
That has got to be the deal of the century... way to make it happen
Thanks bro, yep Sagebrush Cycles in Bend, OR hooked me up with this. They gave me everything on it with exception of the pedals.

Apparently, they have had a hard time selling this bike in Bend due to "being too much bike for the area".....?? Hello...??.. What about the Lair, ODP, Funner, Bachelor to Bend blast and I would be happy pedalling the bike on any of the other flatter trails too. All those roadies and CX's in town led to my gain!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome in....awsome rig.
Just note that there is " Rune vanity thread " where you can post pics of your jewel
Ciao

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Good stuff mang!
I knew you would come home with it!

Yeah all those roadies in bend think something like that is a "DH" bike. I bet back on the other side of the valley that deal would have never flown! Good find!

oh and nice red couch shot :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
boone said:
Good stuff mang!
I knew you would come home with it!

Yeah all those roadies in bend think something like that is a "DH" bike. I bet back on the other side of the valley that deal would have never flown! Good find!
That is the truth for sure.

Very nice build, how is it with the RP23???

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ryan_daugherty said:
That is the truth for sure.

Very nice build, how is it with the RP23???
Not too bad so far. I have only got one solid ride on it though, tonight with a night ride on my local trails. Didn't feel too harsh and didn't wallow or blow through its travel at beginning, mid, or end of its stroke, so that's all good. Air will never be as "plush" or compliant as coil, IMO. But, with this suspension design of the VF4b, it feels pretty good for being air, ate up the bumbs on the downs and allows for hammering out of the saddle a bit on climbs without a lot of extra movement or squatting, so all good here so far!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
juan pablo said:
Would of thought it would be lighter with all air set up. Nice find.
Thanks. Yeah, I am not too surprised with the weight of this for being a large frame with heavy'ish DH hubs, all SLX groupo, heavy'ish bashguard, bars, stem. One could easily build this up a couple of pounds lighter with lighter wheels (Stans Flow rims on Hope Pro II hubs), XO or even X9 groupo, XT/XTR cranks, Easton composite bars/stem, post.

I am coming off of 36lb, 6" AM/lite FR bike before this, so the new Rune feels good, pedals some better going up and especially on the flats and stiffer, snappier (more responsive), and tighter on the downs, so I am pretty stoked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts