Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger on an 07 17.5 Fuel EX8. The pewter color is gorgeous. I got it for $2199 at my LBS. I upgraded the wheels to Bontrager X-Lite Disc w/tubeless tires. I also upgraded the shifters from Deore to LX. I pick up the rig tomorrow. I hope it warms up here so I can get in some serious riding. My only other upgrade may be changing the cranks from LX to XT or XTR. This is an awesome bike. I am really stoked. Even with the upgrades, it still cost me alot less than the Blur XC I was eyeing and it has more travel and lighter wheels. Trek Rocks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal on a pretty sweet bike! It'll probably not be worth it to go from LX to XT crank as there are no real differences between the two aside from some grams. Functionally, I think they're equal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Trekboy, nice ride... Got the same one but I ended up changing the rear shock to a VanR coil over only because I'm a clyde. With the VanR, it's so much more different than the Float RPL. I love it... Besides, I'm sending the RPL into PUSH and am looking forward to having that done. Anyway, enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got a call from Darren at PUSH with bad and good news yesterday. The bad news is that the Fox Float RPL from my '07 Fuel EX8 is just a rebadged '06 Fox Float Triad so they couldn't do any custom tuning to it at all. The good news is that they still took it apart and rebuilt it while also adding a .25" bumper to help with the bottoming out. What did it cost me? NOTHING... I believe the no charge was because this was the first shock they have seen that was a rebadged Triad. Initially, Darren thought it was an RP3 by its appearance but after looking at the internals, they learned otherwise. Is that customer service or what!?!?! :thumbsup:

Darren and PUSH are awesome!!! :D I will certainly do business with them again especially since I plan to send in my Fox Float RL fork to them and possibly pick up the RP23...

Much thanks to Darren and the folks at PUSH!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Universal has them for $369... Click here.

Blue Sky has them for $368... Click here.

Now if you want it directly from PUSH, they sell it for $490 and I believe that includes the rebuild and custom tuning. See the site for more info... Click here.

Just make sure the size of shock is 7.5x2.0... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Float RPL is much better!!!!

Just received the Float RPL from PUSH. I installed it on the EX8 and immediately noticed a big improvement. Although I just took a short ride around the block, the shock seems to be more responsive. And after adjusting the PSI settings, I checked the sag and it is much less than when I first had the bike. I even tried both the ProPedal and Lockout settings and they both performed like I expected.

I will be headed out to Quicksilver this weekend so I'll be back with an update to let you all know how the shock performed. Keep your fingers crossed... :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.