Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Anyone ridden the Ripley V4 vs the Following V3. Used to have the v1 following. Got the ripley after that which is an amazing bike and love how efficient it is compared to the v1 folloing but not quite as capable. Anyone ridden both?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have been riding the bike since May and it is a lot better in my opinion than the V2 that I also owned. Feels much better on the climbs. Going down it feels about the same. Feels better than the Ripley V4 that I own as well.

It is strange to me that they have not sent out bikes to the media so that they can test them even during the pandemic. Moutain biking is one thing that you could do and writing an article to post online is another.....

I wouldnt worry you will love the bike.
How do you fine the v3 follwoing compared to the Ripley. I have a ripley V4 and love it. Its so quick and snappy. But i miss a bit of capability on more rocky stuff. Is the following as snappy up hill as the Ripley?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

I’m mostly a lurker here but wanted to log in to say thanks for all the replies on this thread- it helped me quite a bit in my decision making.

Coming off a Ripley LS w/ 1.5* angleset, I have been all over the map with what I want to replace it with. After being denied a pre-order or waitlist of any sort on a Spur, I went ahead and asked to be put on a waitlist for the Following V3. Can’t wait to see it in person and build it up.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi guys,

I’m mostly a lurker here but wanted to log in to say thanks for all the replies on this thread- it helped me quite a bit in my decision making.

Coming off a Ripley LS w/ 1.5* angleset, I have been all over the map with what I want to replace it with. After being denied a pre-order or waitlist of any sort on a Spur, I went ahead and asked to be put on a waitlist for the Following V3. Can’t wait to see it in person and build it up.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone tried the following v3 with a coil
I got my v3 with the Push coil and it is unreal. I'm way more comfortable airing it out than my 160/150 Ibis HD3, which now feels harsh in comparison. And the Following feels similar to the plushness of my son's 160/143 Ripmo (with air shock), but has a bit more poppy feel, and a quicker climber.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my v3 with the Push coil and it is unreal. I'm way more comfortable airing it out than my 160/150 Ibis HD3, which now feels harsh in comparison. And the Following feels similar to the plushness of my son's 160/143 Ripmo (with air shock), but has a bit more poppy feel, and a quicker climber.

View attachment 1909910 View attachment 1909911
Did you go with a standard DH/climb tune?

I'm looking at doing a DH/ lively flow trail tune and just using the latter for those longer climbs as well but having more pop when things are flatter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you go with a standard DH/climb tune?

I'm looking at doing a DH/ lively flow trail tune and just using the latter for those longer climbs as well but having more pop when things are flatter.
Coincidentally, that's exactly how it was set up by the shop owner I bought it from. But I had them put it back to a standard DH/Climb tune as it fits my local trails better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Coincidentally, that's exactly how it was set up by the shop owner I bought it from. But I had them put it back to a standard DH/Climb tune as it fits my local trails better.
Thanks for the feedback. What I gather from that is you weren't happy with the climbing performance on the original set up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. What I gather from that is you weren't happy with the climbing performance on the original set up?
I did a few test rides on the bike with that setup, but the original owner was about 30lbs heavier than I, so I couldn't really get a sense of how it was performing. I just knew I would prefer a stiffer climb option, so had them revert to that when they put a lighter weight spring on it and built the rest of the bike up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did a few test rides on the bike with that setup, but the original owner was about 30lbs heavier than I, so I couldn't really get a sense of how it was performing. I just knew I would prefer a stiffer climb option, so had them revert to that when they put a lighter weight spring on it and built the rest of the bike up.
Ahhh. Okay that makes more sense to me. Thanks again. I know a few people that have it tuned the way I'm leaning and swear by it. But it's like you said, you let your trails dictate which tune to go with.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts