Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
I find it strange that they talk about light weight, XC, and SC34 fork, but don’t list any weight. Lots of stuff going on +157 makes wonder if it even can be “ XC light.”

·
Registered
177 Posts
Why do people call a 120/130 travel or even 120/120 an xc bike or even partly xc. The TB4 or norco optic or something can ride basically anything at nearly the same speeds longer travel bikes. They are trail bikes (just on the 5-10% shorter travel side of things). Xc bike this xc that, even the Ripley isn't an XC bike. arggggggg. Rant over :).

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah, 157 rear end is an odd match to non-piggyback shock for sure. And Push just introduced the new ElevenSix with a trunnion option specifically for the Following. All the talk about light weight an “XC” seems like mis-targeted marketing.

Bummed to see them go to SuperBoost, I was not really in the market for a Following but would’ve considered a new Wreckoning. Assuming is SB as well I’m out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, 157 rear end is an odd match to non-piggyback shock for sure. And Push just introduced the new ElevenSix with a trunnion option specifically for the Following. All the talk about light weight an “XC” seems like mis-targeted marketing.

Bummed to see them go to SuperBoost, I was not really in the market for a Following but would’ve considered a new Wreckoning. Assuming is SB as well I’m out.
In the description it says you can still piggyback.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Internal cable routing is stupid, but I do like that Evil has used tubes on the Following for the internal cable routing. They've also bumped the warranty period up to lifetime on new frames.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Judging by Fanatik's Custom Bike Builder the New Following frame is only 65 grames lighter than my Offering frame. So much for it being a lot lighter...

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Bike looks pretty dope to me. I owned a V1 and they basically addressed evey single thing I would've liked to see happen. Can't speak to the 157 spacing though.

Did they move the pivot location at all? Aggressive breaking action was really the only thing I didn't care for in the platform at 120mm.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Imo the HT angle isn't as conservative as pinkbike is saying.

Most people will be running 130 pikes on there, not 120SC, that's like a whole degree by itself (a2c on pike is higher + 10mm), then by the time you lower it to x-low it's going to be at the ibis ripley sort of 66.5~ range.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I'm willing to bet that people will be slapping on 140mm forks and anglesets too.

I think the 157 is for some "future proofing" of the bike. 157 and XC does not really go hand in hand. This is going to be a 28-30lb "XC bike".

I like the geo. It enough to not jump the shark. They didn't just take an enduro bike and shorten the travel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Internal cable routing is stupid, but I do like that Evil has used tubes on the Following for the internal cable routing. They've also bumped the warranty period up to lifetime on new frames.
Their 3 year warranty kept me away, I was hoping they would at least go to 5 or 7, really glad to hear they went for lifetime. That makes a difference for me. I don't like the 157 rear hub on a trail bike though.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts