Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Kent Eriksen Ti SS 29er built up. The folks at Eriksen cycles are AWESOME to deal with personally and professionally. SS only with paragon sliders. Weighed in at 21.75 with cages and pedals installed. I know some people are this board don't get down with carbon stems and bars and all that, but Edge has been so easy to work with that I am proud to represent their stuff, hopefully I can do the bike and components justice.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
wow.....beautiful!!!!

i am looking at the full line of edge stuff for my lefty equipped quiring ss....xc rims, wide flat bar and post....maybe the stem. i think i might wait a while to see the tubeless stuff they are working on (no word when it'll be out though, talk to them last week).

that is an awesome build though....did you steal the wheels off your singular??? or, do you have two sets???!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kam said:
wow.....beatiful!!!!

i am looking at the full line of edge stuff for my lefty equipped quiring ss....xc rims, wide flat bar and post....maybe the stem. i think i might wait a while to see the tubeless stuff they are working on (no word when it'll be out though, talk to them last week).

that is an awesome build though....did you steal the wheels off your singular??? or, do you have two sets???!!!!
oh totally stole them off of the singular...although riding one pair really makes me want another...isn't that how it works. i ended up going with the 25mm stan's tape under the rim strip they make and mine seals up very easily and i have never had a problem burping...riding at close to 25psi. Edge is an awesome company and I LOVE the wheels. Coming off of 355's on king hubs the stiffness of these wheels is easily noticeable when changing lines, there is no delay, they just go where you point them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flafonta said:
OMG!!!!

95% of my dream build!!!

What hubs?
Chris King SS hubs... I have a chub for king hubs...and rhyming.

·
Team Awesome
984 Posts
Looks Flexy....

I love the edge stuff too, but I think the rims look silly - I'm sure they are awesome, and you can't see them while you are riding, but still...

Why the noir cranks? Not that there is anything wrongwith them, but XTR is, well, XTR.

Awesome bike, though, even with those quibbles.

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
Why not NOIR? Bling in disguise!!

I don't ride shimano if I don't have to.

IMHO probably 'THE' blingyest (made up of course) ride I have seen w/out bright shiny to draw attention to it.

Well done!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
playpunk said:
Looks Flexy....

I love the edge stuff too, but I think the rims look silly - I'm sure they are awesome, and you can't see them while you are riding, but still...

Why the noir cranks? Not that there is anything wrongwith them, but XTR is, well, XTR.

Awesome bike, though, even with those quibbles.
I am assuming the flexy comment is a joke. the wheels do ride amazingly you should try and get on a pair, they change how you ride. xtr is xtr and i really like xtr. fact is the noir is cheaper, plenty stiff, plenty bling, and i had one... xtr may come sometime if for nothing more than getting it in a 177.5 for ss app. I have been really happy with sram as a company though, and they are only a day away from me. their customer service is top notch, something i think shimano lacks in, and i dunno...i liked how it looked

·
Rollin 29s
1,004 Posts
Amazing looking bike! Art in motion.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow! That is every bit my dream bike.

Are those the new Edge Bars? I have the 24 inch bar with 5 degree sweep and am on the fence. Wish I had waited till the longer bar with more sweep came out.

Love your bike!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, the crank would not be on my list. One of those modified Shimano 960 cranks or a Middleburn set with Uno gear would be great. Still, awesome bike.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
flafonta said:
Yeah, the crank would not be on my list. One of those modified Shimano 960 cranks or a Middleburn set with Uno gear would be great. Still, awesome bike.
I actually had one of the modified 960 cranks... for some reason the noir just spoke to me... it said put me on that bike... plus besides the xtr skewer and pedals it is just edge/eriksen/sram-truvativ/chris king. I like having the simplicity of only a few companies for an entire bike. (i understand i have a specialized saddle and ergon grips)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Lovely lovely build! Sweet selection of components.

My only gripe is with edge, and those silly mountain range graphics they put on everything. Their logo is decent, the mtns are a little over the top, but thats just cosmetic.

Keep us posted with some action shots!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts