Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after riding an Intense Spider 29 for 2yrs, Iam on Epic now and it rocks. I have it setup as 1x9 now but know by how fast the bike is, 2x9 or 2x10 in near future. Its a very stiff frame and very stable. I took it out today on a snowride and it was amazing i was using specialized buroughs 1.9's. I went with a large frame and the added stablity is noticed instantly for me. This is the first phase for my Endruance/Trail beast.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
The Unaffiliated
871 Posts
You are the 5th or 6th person (the others are friends/riding buddies, 2 of which are nearly pro fast) that I have heard has switched from an Intense Spider 29 to an Epic 29 and been very happy with their decision. And, all of them liked their Intense, so the Epic must be pretty sick.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just rolls

thrasher_s said:
You are the 5th or 6th person (the others are friends/riding buddies, 2 of which are nearly pro fast) that I have heard has switched from an Intense Spider 29 to an Epic 29 and been very happy with their decision. And, all of them liked their Intense, so the Epic must be pretty sick.
Man I loved my spider but the epic is just a crazy fast bike u push and it blast off. I was going to stay 1x9 but after a couple of rides its beggin me to put a 44t on the front as sell. It loves togo fast faster the better for him.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chameleoneel said:
I dunno what's going on up front there, but it sure does look hawt on that bike. post some clear pics!
I will take some with the good camera now used the jacked on on these pics.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BiknBob said:
Nice! When did you order/receive yours B-Ray? I ordered mine end of Dec and they said mid-Feb.
I ordered and received mine end of November.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
J-bar Setup

Ludeatude said:
can you explain your bar set up?
Its a J-bar Tictecs version of Jones H-bar wrapped with bar taped. I have run my handle bars this way for 2 yrs now. I couldn't imagine not using my handlebar setup, having so many hand postion is key to being comfortable at all times.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ludeatude said:
anyone know how running X9 shifters would work? is that why you run 1x9?
I have X9 shifter with XO rear derailer, Iam about to go 2x9 or 2x10 haven't yet decided, the bike beggs to be ridden faster. I knew after ridding the bike 1x9 would be for a feel of the bike,before going on to the other upgrades commin in the future.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The_Stig said:
Looked like a mess in the 29er forum and looks like a mess here
Haha looks like .a mess I would love to see ur ride hahahah.:cool:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The_Stig said:
at least mine doesn't have medical tape on the bars
hahahah its white bar tape i forgot to use the medical tape dang.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts