Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just broke the bank and picked up carbon am enve's for my enduro26. The wheels are sweet, light and stiff. I due have a question if anyone can help. While going through higher speed corners I feel the bike drifting wide on me. Example: going thru a fast left hander the bike pulls me wide to the right as opposed to my older alum. Wheelset.
I've only ridden it twice with the new wheels. May just have to adjust my riding style because of less rotational mass and more grip. My older tires were really worn out and now I have new tires plus the carbon wheels.
Not sure if I should run different air pressure in my susp. And tires.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This question comes up from time to time....You need to readjust your tire pressures with Carbon Rims. A good place to start is to take your final weight and divide by seven. Subtract 1 psi for the front and add 2 psi for the rear. If you ride very rocky areas, you may want to increase by a few psi's.

·
Dirty South Underdog
1,733 Posts
You can also join the "Are carbon rims harsh?" discussion a few threads down and/or listen to the couple of episodes of JRA on Mountain Bike Radio where we discuss how the 3 of us definitely noticed not-so-great differences in handling and comfort when we rode some carbon wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.