Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to convert my 2x to a 1x, but because of the Taco blade, I'm reading that once the Taco blade is removed, the spacing isn't correct and that it's next to impossible to find the right part.

Is there any truth to this? Also, can I just pull the crank off without having to mess with the BB?

Thank you in advance.

Brandon

·
No Clue Crew
7,171 Posts
Read the literature that came w/ your bike. Shows you how to remove the blade and there's a spacer to put in its place.

You don't actually HAVE to remove the blade to run 1x, just looks cleaner if you do.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I converted my SJ to 1x right out of the box. 8mm hex removed my crank (don't need to mess with bb).

What is a taco blade?

·
Member of The Yeti Tribe
704 Posts
I converted my SJ to 1x right out of the box. 8mm hex removed my crank (don't need to mess with bb).

What is a taco blade?
Our enduro 29 has wicked short chainstays compared to your SJ. So they had to build a FD mount due to the short CS and that mount that bolts up is called the "Taco blade"

And OP your bike should have come with a spacer that goes between the chainstay and the front triangle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Read the literature that came w/ your bike. Shows you how to remove the blade and there's a spacer to put in its place.

You don't actually HAVE to remove the blade to run 1x, just looks cleaner if you do.
10-4 I'll look for the spacer. Thanks a ton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts