Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So is your face
569 Posts
Wow, looks amazing!

I have the 26er version of that fork on my El Salt and it's already super plush. What extra goodness did the PUSH mod add to it?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
celluloid hero said:
I have the 26er version of that fork on my El Salt and it's already super plush. What extra goodness did the PUSH mod add to it?
I have a Push'd Pike on my Spot that I really like and the Reba tune is very similar. The fork is a little more progressive overall and firmer at low speeds with the tune. At high speed it opens up and becomes plush. I like that setup because it has good platform when open for climbing and low speed descents that are steep (no dive) then at speed it opens up and is plush. I never have to worry about adjusting compression, etc. Plus push does something to the rebound mech that makes it more responsive. Most of it is over my head - I just ride it.

·
So is your face
569 Posts
LncNuvue said:
I have a Push'd Pike on my Spot that I really like and the Reba tune is very similar. The fork is a little more progressive overall and firmer at low speeds with the tune. At high speed it opens up and becomes plush. I like that setup because it has good platform when open for climbing and low speed descents that are steep (no dive) then at speed it opens up and is plush. I never have to worry about adjusting compression, etc. Plus push does something to the rebound mech that makes it more responsive. Most of it is over my head - I just ride it.
Cool. Now I know what to expect when it's time for service on the fork. I'll wait until then to send it off to Push. I like it too much as it is to change it until that time. Though, I don't even ride rear shocks anymore unless they've already been sent to Push, since it's such a huge improvement over the stock fox tunes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts