Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got Ventana
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd Ventana for me. Got the extra gusset on the head tube for the 100mm fork.

Frame El Chiqurillo Electric Super Dust
Fork 07 Fox F100 RLC
Hubs Hope Pro 2
Rims Mavic 717 Disc
Tires 2.1 Nevegal DTC
Skewers A2Z Ti
Headset Chris King Pewter
Casette Sram 990 Red ano
Cranks Shimano XT
Chain Shimano XTR
Grips Oury Lock on
Brakes Formula Oro Puro 6"
Bar Easton CNT Low Rise 25.4
Stem Thompson Elite
Post Thompson Elite (in the post)
Pedals CB Eggbeaters SL
Saddle Fizik Gobi
F.Der Shimano XTR
R.Der Sram X.9
Shifters Sram X.9 Trigger
Cables Clark Braided White

Weights about 10.8 kgs or 23.7 lbs

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
Yes, yes I do hate you. Two flauntings in one day is hard to take. C'mon June! Papa needs a little brat for his 44th!

On topic, very nice bike. I predict you will love it.

·
Got Ventana
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I am stoked with the way it came out. Just waiting on some Industry nine wheels and a few other bits and pieces.

Feels a bit different to what I had expected it to but not in a bad way :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
very nice bike...i've just got my new el saltamontes frame same color :)
BTW...i want to ask question....got new fork RS reba team u-turn.I've wanted to fitted in that new frame and adjusters on the top the fork are too high,that in event of fall would catch frame......so deciced not to fitt that fork.If anybody got some advise on fork,which would be ok....

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
nailbud, if you are using a King headset you can get the 4 or 7mm crown race from Ventana to solve your issue.

I'm assuming yours is a small frame?

D.

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean. I have a Revelation on my Salty and I haven't had any issues with the fork hitting the downtube. It is pretty much the same design as my Reba so I'd be surprised to learn it did. Is this something you have tried out or you just speculating? IMO, the Reba is a great fork for the Salt. I'd run one on it in a minute if I hadn't found a Revelation.

·
Baller/Biker
172 Posts
Frame Size?

tomb said:
2nd Ventana for me. Got the extra gusset on the head tube for the 100mm fork.

Frame El Chiqurillo Electric Super Dust
Fork 07 Fox F100 RLC
Hubs Hope Pro 2
Rims Mavic 717 Disc
Tires 2.1 Nevegal DTC
Skewers A2Z Ti
Headset Chris King Pewter
Casette Sram 990 Red ano
Cranks Shimano XT
Chain Shimano XTR
Grips Oury Lock on
Brakes Formula Oro Puro 6"
Bar Easton CNT Low Rise 25.4
Stem Thompson Elite
Post Thompson Elite (in the post)
Pedals CB Eggbeaters SL
Saddle Fizik Gobi
F.Der Shimano XTR
R.Der Sram X.9
Shifters Sram X.9 Trigger
Cables Clark Braided White

Weights about 10.8 kgs or 23.7 lbs
Tomb what size frame did you build up here? I'm riding a 19" and i'm coming in at about 25.5 with a similar build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not a speculation i've actually fitted new fork and found out after:) silly me.Frame is 18" and headset is cane creek S8. I've tried to fit RS recon and there's no problem with that fork.
But RS recon doesn't have u-turn knob....
I probably will try difrent fork,maybe fox f100 rlc as on the picture.

·
Got Ventana
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah ride report, getting caught up in its looks :blush:

Took it out for a good hard ride with lots of singletrack and lots of climbing. I was expection it to take me a while to adjust to it casue it is alot different to my X5 but I felt at home on it from the beginging. Had a good 15 min long straight up climb which it felt great on and then dropped into some steep DH sections where the it performed beyond my expectations, unfortunatly the new brakes wern't so keen on it :p

Got stuck into some singletrack it only got better from here on in, the bike felt great in the corners, in the air and everywhere else. Im stoked if you can't tell.

Big thanks to Shannon from MTB Precision here in Aus. Pulled a big late night helping me build it up for the weekend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
970 Posts
there we go - aussie - i was starting to think you were australian - ventana, formula and mentioning industry9 wheels on the way i thought you had to be dealing with shannon. i'm on the formula and i9 program, not quite the ventana program yet but i definitely see an el fuego in my future.

your bike looks unreal which was to be expected if shannon's taste had any say in it (his blacksheep is the bees knees). congrats on the build.

lastly, what happened with the brakes? i can't fault my oro puro's, blows all comers out of the water - done the avid, shimano, magura, hope thing and everytime i ride the formula's i grin.

·
Got Ventana
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, nothing wrong with the brakes except that they wernt bedded in ( hadn't applied them at all untill the trail pointed down) I runt the Puros on my X5 aswell and love them :)

And if your reading shannon, don't get a big head you know I have better taste than you :p

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
nailbud said:
It's not a speculation i've actually fitted new fork and found out after:) silly me.Frame is 18" and headset is cane creek S8. I've tried to fit RS recon and there's no problem with that fork.
But RS recon doesn't have u-turn knob....
I probably will try difrent fork,maybe fox f100 rlc as on the picture.
Intersting. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this on Saltys. So, to satisfy my curiousity, I checked on my 18" Salty. My 2006 Revelation and Reba both have the same u-turn design, with the flip up piece to allow you more leverage to adjust it. With this in the up position, I do catch the down tube if I were to turn hard. With it down (flat on the stanchion top), no issues whatsoever. What year is yours?

·
Registered
17 Posts
LoneStar said:
Intersting. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this on Saltys. So, to satisfy my curiousity, I checked on my 18" Salty. My 2006 Revelation and Reba both have the same u-turn design, with the flip up piece to allow you more leverage to adjust it. With this in the up position, I do catch the down tube if I were to turn hard. With it down (flat on the stanchion top), no issues whatsoever. What year is yours?
frame is 2 weeks old...and fork is 2007 version, and it would catch downtube even with floodgate adjust knob...:madman: o well ...i've already fitted RS reba to my old bike went for a spin (love it!!!!) goin to leave it on that one and get difrent one for salty :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.