Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this on your rig yet? I was at the shop today and saw a few on some bikes and I ended up ordering one. They get me every time I'm in there, haha. Just curious if anyone had one and how they liked it. Thanks.

MZ

·
Registered
107 Posts
i assume you talking about the Eastern haven carbon? i have one of those on my BD mission.its a low riser and the bend is spot on , 28" wide and feels stiff and stable too me im north eastern us so the winter has hindered much riding. well that and my work schedule. but i have ridin a bit in the slop and it makes my bike feel globs of stable slidin all over the place.no big drops or anything but im likin it so far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats good to hear. I'm looking forward to putting it on. I have a different carbon bar on there now, that isn't as wide and actually has a good little raise on it. I tried a wide bar on my big bike and I felt like a sail boat. It just felt a little out there for me, it was a 30in width. I know going wide is the new thing, but hopefully this bar will fit in between the two. My shop has a blade designed to cut carbon so if its to crazy I can just cut some off. Thanks for the replies!!

MZ

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
zmtthw said:
Thats good to hear. I'm looking forward to putting it on. I have a different carbon bar on there now, that isn't as wide and actually has a good little raise on it. I tried a wide bar on my big bike and I felt like a sail boat. It just felt a little out there for me, it was a 30in width. I know going wide is the new thing, but hopefully this bar will fit in between the two. My shop has a blade designed to cut carbon so if its to crazy I can just cut some off. Thanks for the replies!!

MZ
30 inch width sounds like the carbon Havoc models. I just put some on a bike and have yet to ride them, but the rise and bend feels great. I do NOT plan on trimming them...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get to put some miles on it, let me know what you thought. It will take a few days to get the order in and processed. Hopefully you can write some of your thoughts and opinions on it. Thanks.

MZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.