Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about you but, I like the new look.
nobikes.jpg

·
Casey
135 Posts
A few weeks ago the EBRP had two police on motorcycles at Briones. Some new "No MTB" signs were on single track. The police were riding the fire roads. I asked "what trails can we ride" and I was told we could ride the fire trails.
We did see one rider come down a single track trail, he was met by the police and given a $250 ticket.

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
I asked "what trails can we ride" and I was told we could ride the fire trails. We did see one rider come down a single track trail, he was met by the police and given a $250 ticket.
Can't disturb the cows, pulverizing the land for private ranchers benefit.

Another orienteering race this Sunday, at J Grant this time - damn, so much sweet single track all over the place, once you venture off fireroads a bit. Hand made orienteering maps are awesome - so many "indistinct paths" you can't even find on Strava.

Not letting people ride is on of the most idiotic bit of public policy.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,134 Posts
A few weeks ago the EBRP had two police on motorcycles at Briones. Some new "No MTB" signs were on single track. The police were riding the fire roads. I asked "what trails can we ride" and I was told we could ride the fire trails.
We did see one rider come down a single track trail, he was met by the police and given a $250 ticket.
So, did the fine go up? It used to be about $130.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I'd love some stickers..I ride in Briones all the time, and have seen some new 'do not do this' signs. I can't believe they put motorcycles cops in there. That sux. I've gotten my only ticket in Briones, several years ago for riding 3mph up hill on a closed section of trail adjacent to Old Briones Road, when the gate to that dangerous road was locked. Fine was $100 I believe. And if those cops do have something better to do, then they should be doing it and not hassling taxpaying park users.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
Futile?

Senseless? Needless?

Frivilous? Futile? Inane? Idiotic?

Daft? Absurd? Ludicrous? Preposterous?

I"ll take the (2" X 1") Civil Disobedience variety pack!

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
You have to appreciate your audience, not insult them, which is what such terms might do. The viewer might think the rules make sense. This is the beginning of opening up the question.

Years ago advocates simply raged, failed, and quit. They end up cynical, bitter, destructive and useless. Learn from that. Let's be smart.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts