Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 pound lighter, bent top tube, new dropout, steeper seat tube angle, new yoke. Will post some pics as soon as I can find some free wi-fi. Planet Hollywood wants $14 a day. Rides super sweet. Big refinements over the older models.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet

Biggest things I noticed are a more upright climbing position, a more centered position on the bike while going DH, and my heels didn't hit the chainstay bolts.

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Well damn, that's a surprise! Nice that they kept it under wraps for this long. 20 pages of e-masterbation and over analyzing gets ghey quick. Get some more shots of that baby.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Wow!

Ok, so it's lighter (1 pound) and sleeker with steeper seat tube. It looks sweet and rides more like a XC bike than it's predecessor. I'm going to try and give it a run at XC tomorrow to see if the climbing is that much better. It really makes the 180mm seem like 140mm. All that said, wifey's going to hate the next months CC bill.
:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sweet! Looks less like a V-tach and more like the new DH frame... Any info on geometry, travel, dropout options, etc...?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Grrrrr. Looks awesome and have just picked up a 'old' DT to compliment my endo. Not even built the DT yet!! I'd be very interested to know if the rockers, shock and rear end are compatible with the new front end???

I'm building the DT up heavy, with single ring for park/lift duties, so sounds like the old version may be more suited?

·
Registered
33 Posts
BOOAYH! My source was right. Come January, YOU'RE MINE BABY. Also, please edit the pictures, they stretch the forum beyond recognition.

EDIT: Just noticed the way the seat tube connects to the frame.. Is that thing solid enough??

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Sweet! I really like the look, and who can argue with it being a pound lighter! It's a bummer about the adjustable chainstays though--I guess I don't need to sell mine and replace it with the new one.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.