Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help. I have to upgrade my fork but I don't have a lot of money. I have come accross good prices on the Marzocchi junior t and the super T, but are they really a "deal"? I mostly ride downhill with the average drop of about 4 feet, so I don't need to go that big. I ride an Intense M1.
What can anyone reccomend......Help

Thanks

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
What's ur budget..?

·
Sedona, Az USA
1,036 Posts
get a new or lightly used boxxer race. We finally got ours sorted out with the valve upgrade and it is running great. it is cheap, light and will get you down the mountian.
and no expensive QR20 crap to break.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Look on eBay. Stay away from Manitou Stance forks, and the Rockshox Boxxer forks. The Boxxer internals suck so much. The Manitou Stance forks... Eh... A little pricey for what they have to offer. The Manitou Sherman Sliders are awesome. Great forks. I haven't had the chance to ride any Marzocchi DCs (aside from the Shivers). It's Illinois... Anything with more than 4 inches of travel is a rarity around here... I'm personally a huge fan of single crowns. I DH, FR, DJ, and trail ride with my Manitou Sherman Firefly. I like SCs just because I can still do x-ups and barspins, and I don't have to worry about denting my frame.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
You want a used Super-T or Shiver. Zokies hold their value. Most other forks will be shot by the time they come up for resale.

Don't buy a boxxer, no matter how good a deal it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I know of a lot of them and no one has complained yet. And it is new.

I run an 02 model and it is kick ass.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
mmm whitebrothers... :drool:

I'd go with the 04 Zokie that frankenschwinn posted.
I owe a '01 DH-3 and is amazing the amount of mistakes, flat landing, crashes that that fork took and still taking and if the new 2.0 and 1.8 are even better I'd go for that WB 1.8 w/o a doudt.

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
dood, like seriously, dont get a boxxer, if you dont maintain them for like a year they totally suck!!111!!!1 stay away, im going by what i read on the internet, trust me!!!11!

:rolleyes:

For 600 bucks you can find a pretty decent used DH fork. Take it look on ridemonkey or the classified on here. I see a ton of used 888s, dorados, and boxxer WCs in the 600$ price range. Any one of them will be a good dh fork, just keep up with maintaining them and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Get the Super T

Get the Super T from Price Point--$499 it's a great deal. Whatever you do, stay away from the Boxxer.

I love my Super T and I hated my Boxxer, everytime I turned around I had oil leaking from somewhere...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.