Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've watched one of these races and did that stepdown shown in the video (on my trail bike of course, no way will I try it on those things). These guys go really fast on their carts which they call "Ligiron" in the local dialect. And they're pretty handy on a bike as well (borrowed because they can't afford to buy their own), some of the young fellows who participated in the race shown in the video below have also raced ligirons:

Doc Cary Downhill Cup Leg 2 Mampas Valencia 03/09/14 - YouTube

Here are parts of the track ridden on a bike (ignore the antics at the beginning and go directly to 0:42): downhill dream story...starring joey barba! - YouTube

@B-Mac, I love living in this part of the world. In fact, I won't live anywhere else even if given a choice.

·
Registered
484 Posts
mr. brown, what part of PI is that?

u know what, the happiest people live in the "3rd world", surrounded by their family and friends...they work hard all day and are grateful for what they come home to and everything they own, and have dignity to do the work that the dignified world think is beneath them

i've got nothing but respect for the "3rd world"...they'll find joy in something as simple as racing a wooden, human-powered cart down a muddy trail with nary a cushion for their butts...props

·
Registered
69 Posts
@sinfontraly78 this race was in the municipality of Valencia, province of ****** Oriental in the Central Visayas region of the Philippines.

About what you said, life can be difficult but people make the best of what they have and generally have happy dispositions. It's a beautiful place to ride in too: nice scenery, trails, warm and friendly people. And then you can go downhill for a few kilometers to a beach and go for a swim on a coral reef. I'm not a rich man by Filipino standards but, as I said, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.