Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(i hope that the pictures come up, i havent ever posted any pics)
these are some pics of the double/skinny to drop that i have been working on for a few days. from tip to tip the gap is right at 10 feet, but realisticly i need to get at least 11 to clear it. when i get my bike fixed then i will post some action pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
waaaa? that looks kinda like sand, if so, it wont last long

otherwise, nice work

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chikity China said:
waaaa? that looks kinda like sand, if so, it wont last long

otherwise, nice work
yeah it sucks living out here near the coast. but really it is kind of like sand but not as loose once you get deep enough. but it holds together very well. but i still wish i still lived where we had clay.... thanks though

·
Registered
842 Posts
Carolinian, if you get too fed up with yer soils, consider building a quarterpipe from lumber/plywood and bringing it to the site. Then you just dig the tranny for the landing. You can move the quarterpipe all around to create difference lines like step-downs, gaps etc. Always look for some hills to help you with the pedalling in....

Have fun and keep taking pics.

·
its just a mountain
145 Posts
complaining?

carolinarider said:
yeah it sucks living out here near the coast. but really it is kind of like sand but not as loose once you get deep enough. but it holds together very well. but i still wish i still lived where we had clay.... thanks though
Sweet jump. How is the tranny? It looks a little shallow to me. I know how it feels dude. I live just north of Orlando, FL and all we have is DEEP sand. We have to build all our drops unless you want to drive 2-3 hours for a hill.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
islander said:
Carolinian, if you get too fed up with yer soils, consider building a quarterpipe from lumber/plywood and bringing it to the site. Then you just dig the tranny for the landing. You can move the quarterpipe all around to create difference lines like step-downs, gaps etc. Always look for some hills to help you with the pedalling in....

Have fun and keep taking pics.
yeah i have a kicker made out of wood, but i keep that in the yard. plus i prefer dirt. oh yeah and where i live there are not many hills, but thanks for the input, i appreciate it a lot.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Red Bull said:
Looks clean, just make the landing taller... It doesent have to be steep, thats basicly like landing flat...
yeah make the lamnding taller...really cool there man...keep the building up

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
yeah make the lamnding taller...really cool there man...keep the building up
yes i deff. agree to make it taller and longer, but considering that the biggest gap that i have done prior to this is about 5 feet, i am going to see what distance and how high i can get off of it first. i will post action pics when i get everything good and all. thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MTBSully said:
looks good man. save your wrists and make the landing a little steeper. Wut bike do u have?
oh boy have i been avoiding this question for a while. i bought a khs ________ in january to see if i liked mtb'ing. and now that i do know that i like it i am selling it, my bass, amp, everything pretty much to buy a new bike. i have no idea what model the frame is. i cannot find it anywhere. not a fr1500 or whatever the make is that you can buy off of ebay, but it looks similar to that. i dont really care what it is though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.