Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my buddy is looking to spend about $1000 on a new DJ bike. He wants to buy new, and he wants gears. Spends half his time trail-riding half DJing.

He is currently looking at the 06 and the 07 Stuff's and was wondering what the major difference between the two was. They each have different forks and some different componets, but is the 07 really that much better? cause the 06 has a sweet color

Also if anyone can recommend any better bikes that fit the criteria that would be sweet.

Thanks

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
New has a few advantages, usual a year of free tuneups, sometimes two. Plus you get warranty on all parts if anything goes wrong.

For trail riding and dirt jumping, the Kona Stuff is your best bet IMO. Very stable in the air, very flickable, yet has a long enough wheelbase to hold it's own on the trails.

I'd personally go with the '07 for the fork and brake lever upgrade. BFL levers are very nice and I didn't like the drop-offs too much. I like the dirt jumpers a lot more.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Yeah, the Stuff is a good bike for doing both. Everything else for the most part is going to be a bit too low.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
a stp is going to suck compaired to a kona for trail riding. kona owns everyone on this topic. the 07 stuff is truely built for the dirt. designed for Dirt Jumping, great on the trail. stp, p. series, nemisis, top all the rest..more street, less trail.

Get a Kona.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a Kona Hoss Dee-Lux for Trail, I have a Kona Stinky for DH and Freeride! I have a STP for urban and DJ!
I'm way too big to ride this bike on any type of trail, other than a DJ trail! I looked at the Konas and decided the STP would be my best bet as it's going to be 90% Street and 10% DJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.