Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2006 GF Paragon a few weeks ago, and am here to report that it is absolutely awesome! I can't believe how much better it is than my old Specialized M2 stumpjumper.

I rode a portion of the SSWC05 course last weekend (Tussey Ridge trail) and was amazed how it just gobbled up the rock gardens and fast rocky descents. Combination of larger diameter wheels, tires at lower pressure (~30 psi), and the Reba suspension fork just made for a great ride.

I should also note that I went with the L frame. I'm 5'10" and felt that I was on the borderline between M & L. However, the L feels great. No regrets.

Attachments

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Congrats on a great bike and welcome to the forums!
Looks like you ended up with quite a bit of stem, bike doesn't look too big for you at all. The sloped top tubes helps too probably.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Awesome bike. Love it. I have the same one in a Medium. I have had mine about 2 weeks now and all my times on local trails have improved by minutes. It is a great great bike. It is funny because I keep wanting to upgrade parts on it like I have with my Rig and other bikes in past but I really just love the way the bike is stock. It is killing me to find something to replace hahahahaha. I know will change something soon, but probably only bars/seatpost/stem etc. All the major parts are hard to beat really.

How do you like the XR tires. I live in NC and we have tons of roots/rocks. At first glance I thought the tires wouldn't hold well, but they are proving me wrong. I really enjoy these tires a great deal and they have a great volume compared to others etc. oh well just curious on yours or others thoughts on the XR's.

Sorry to say so much, congrads on the bike and may it treat you well!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts