Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the giant.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so you guys might have seen me post about looking for a new rig. i ended up getting a 2007 mongoose black diamond single. the bike is a medium (im 6'8") but i met up with the guy and it felt fine. im used to a bmx so the smaller frame works quite well for me. here are the parts

frame: 2007 mongoose black diamond single
shock: vanilla rc (came with ti spring, but it was too soft for me)
forks: freshly rebuilt 2006 888 rc2s
wheels: ryhno lite rims to redline hubs (not the best but they work)
tires: 2.3 maxxis wetscreams (and he included brand new maxxis dhf and dhr tires)
cranks: truvativ hussefelt
bars: raceface atlas
stem: not sure but its like a direct mount
derailer: sram x-5
shifter: sram x-7
front brake: shimano saint 203mm
back brake: avid bb5 203mm
chainguide: e-thirteen

extras he gave me: OLD junior t fork, extra front hub, extra seat+post, extra headset, extra spring for the shock, and an extra hayes 203mm rotor

weight: probably 45-48lbs

i havent gotten it on a trail yet, but it feels great from what ive rode so far. im planning on replacing the cranks and wheels when i get the money.

ill get better pics up when i get the chance and when the weather clears up a bit

Attachments

·
the giant.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i took a cruise down to the beach today and did a little street shredding on the way. stair gaps are easy as hell compared to my old bikes. it pedals surprisingly well too (except the 888 kills it). i might get a set of holy rollers for more street friendly tires because there arent many trails near my college.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.