Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started to get into downhilling, and I have bought myself a 2nd hand Giant Glory DH0. I'm basically happy with the bike, but things are starting to go wrong with it and I'm thinking it may be time to get rid of it and buy a new bike that hasn't been thrashed in it's past life.

Coming from a xc back round, I haven't really paid too much attention to the DH side in the past. Is there a particular bike or a brand that seems to make decent DH bikes at a reasonable price? From what I've read Giant seems to be the way to go, but they are still fairly pricey brand new, so I thought I'd see if I've missed something and there is a better option out there for a good value for money DH bike. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would start by taking your bike to your LBS and seeing what they have to say about the condition of your bike, but if a newer bike is what you want IMO Giant is the way to go. for the money you get high level components and a frame that is very high quality. also consider maybe another used bike i am almost finished rebuilding a top of the line 09 giant glory for less than 3 grand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey man, i just got a specialized xc comp. the MSRP on it is $1500 but i got it for $960 cuz it was the last 2008 model the store had. Anyway ive been doing some weak down hills lately and i feel like the bike is yearning for more. Its a FS with about 4-5 inches of travel on the front and about 3-4 on the rear. A new one will run you about 1300-1500 but is a greeaaat bike. Check it out.

·
Registered
546 Posts
XC comp is nowhere close to a glory. Glory=DH bike. XC= XC Bike. :rolleyes:

For affordability, go for a Kona Stab or Giant Glory. Check out the DH/FR forum for better suggestions. My vote goes to the sinister f-bomb, but that's $$$$$.

I ride an r9, and it's still kicking. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.