Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As posted... I also found out the REAL reson today why it has come to this and alot of things were torn down.
The kid last year that broke his arm or collar bone or whatever it was, was due to someone sabotaging the teeter totters and ladder rides.
Apparently there was someone who was nailing the back side of the teeter totter so when you rode up it it didnt drop at the other end, thererfore, yo ugo down... also this same person was ramming rebar into the ground amd leaving it it out of the ground about 8 inches or so at the drop off area of ladder rides . I'm surprised no one was killed from this.
Alot of "Shed club" members were camping out so to speak i nthe shed for many days until the found who done this... but by then it was too late because Delta was already sued by the kids parents etc... the guy did get charged though... must have been someone against mtn biking .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
crazy...

I didn't realize that all that trail nazi stuff was going on there too! I grew up about 3 blocks from the Delta watershed and spent my youth playing in there (and in 'the bog'). I don't ride there that much (only once or twice a year), but should since my folks still live in the area.

Wow - the guy was caught and charged - finally nice to hear something like that. You are right - luckily no one was killed. Rebar in the ground is just warped - I can't imagine what people think when doing that. That would be the equivalent of lacing ground beef with rat killer and leaving it along side the dog walking trails. That takes real motivation to do something that twisted with the intent or hurting or killing someone. It's just sick actually.

Someone I knew fell off the old Pre-Reeper teeter-toter on Cypress Mountain back in '98 I think when it was nailed down. That teeter-toter is a good 8 feet up in the air, above a mess of broken tree limbs. Who ever did that KNEW they were going to hurt someone.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
knollybikes.com said:
That would be the equivalent of lacing ground beef with rat killer and leaving it along side the dog walking trails. That takes real motivation to do something that twisted with the intent or hurting or killing someone. It's just sick actually.
Some psycho was doing that in Portland last year. Portland has many leash free dog parks to allow owners and their dogs to play off leash in a safe, fenced area within city parks. Someone decided they didnt like the idea, and started leaving poison baited treats in the grass of the dog park. About 2 dozen dogs died over about a month long period, and they never found the guy. Sad thing is, it would be so hard to catch him, if he just dropped dog treats from his pocket randomly as he walked, no one would ever notice. They had to put up signs at all the parks warning people of the danger, and many folks were afraid to take the chance.

I hope the bikers near you served out a bit of street justice when they caught your trail nazi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.