Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's been posted, but there's a new segment of The Dells in Prescott, across from the Lake Watson Lakeshore trail on the other side of the Peavine, in the same general area. They basically go up towards Glassford Hill. Lots of fun technical, well built, well signed, everything has a "line", lots of "b lines" exist too, you just have to figure it out, like a bouldering problem. The new section is being called the "Storm Trails". Around 8 miles of brand new tech trail in addition to what's already there, and if you've ridden this, you know you multiply it by about 3-4 to come up with "equivalent" mileage. Brought to you by the Prescott Over The Hill Gang.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I was just there about 3 weeks ago and went out with some locals that were trying to kill me with the B lines!!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it wasn't flowing, I wouldn't be rolling...

·
N/A
236 Posts
I haven't ridden the new trails yet. Are they similar to the other Watson trails or more like Constellation? TBH, I haven't been strong enough to enjoy the Watson/Lakeshore trails in a long time. I always found Constellation to be a little flowier so when I'm in the mood for some Dells, I usually loop around Constellation and head over the hill to do some stuff on the Willow side.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hard to describe without some bias coming through, I think they did try to make it flow better and not have huge step-ups, but there are still some steep climbs out there. I think they’ve gotten better at making sure everything is rollable and no bad wheel catchers. It’s a little flatter and easier than the lakeshore trail on some of the new trails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.