Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an old dude 31 who has recently relocated to Chico to finish school (Chico State)

I just started riding my bike again after three years, I have been riding lower Bidwell everyday hoping to build my endurance up.

Should I be concerned about theft in Chico just riding around? I keep my bike in my room.

Any places to avoid in Chico bike shops, riding areas?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome to Chico. Like LWright said, be concernced, bike theft is big around here. I have an old road bike to commute on. I wouldnt suggest locking up anything you dont want stolen or stripped.

·
Registered
170 Posts
North Rim is a blast. I couldn't find anybody to ride with. I was there visiting and tried to hook-up with that regular Tuesday ride but nobody showed. I rode it three days in a row. It's beautiful from the top. I also rode up Middle Trail where it hits North Rim and it's equally beautiful.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A beater bike is a good idea. Good luck representing us old guys. I graduated from there in 96. If you are not out partying, you can get up early up enough to beat the heat.

Good Luck my friend.

·
Butcher
529 Posts
My fav morning workout ride is hammering up the road before the gate is open... then hit Middle Trail @ the bottom of B Trail and take it all the way back to the parking lot. it's quick and will give you a good taste of what the park has to offer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far since I got here I have been riding about 15 miles a day. I'm trying to build up endurance since I have let myself go over the last two years. So far I love Chico, I was suppose to go to San Jose State, but after my third tour of the the campus and town I realized it was not for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah i would be concerned for the theft but alot of the bike shops are good i prefer cyclesport sports ltd or bike and board because if you get to know the guys there they will hook you up with little favors i would stay away from north rim because they have a week long waiting list even if you only need a tuneup plus they really dont know a lot about bikes in general and once they said it would be a week to take a look at my crank then i went to bike and board and it was fixed within 15 minutes.

·
May the Force be with you
1,035 Posts
Welcome to Chico

A bite late ,but I haven't been to the forum lately.
We ride a couple of times a week and always try to ride Sunday Morning in Oroville.
We always welcome new riders to the small group.

Also, I have nothing but good things to say about North Rim Adventure sports bike shop.
If they don't know much about bikes, why would they be so backed up?

Hope to see you out on the trails.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
welcome ... im currently a seasonal resident cause of lack of work but will be back at the end of august ... and only have school tuesday / thursday so riding is what ill do the rest of the time

i keep my bikes in my house too .... only one that stays outside is the murray ... already had 2 bmx stolen that i had before the murray it sucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.