Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to upgrade my crankset. I don't know which one to go with Truvativ Stylo 3.3 team, Shimano LX or XT. Any suggestions? I weigh 200lbs, so I am on the heavier side of mountain biking. I like the price of the LX ($129 at bluesky) better than the XT. The bike is a Gary Fisher procaliber home build. I know it should probably have XTR, but I don't want to spend $400 on cranks. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
are you looking for an external BB? if so Ive had alot of good luck with my XT's, the are smooth stiff, and make no odd noises, and don't move much...just make sure you use the washers correctly. If I were to have a vote on those choices I vote XT. Got both of mine off ebay, used, but in pretty much new condition.

Chainreaction is a killer site, and Tim is right, they are pretty cheap, but they are in the UK, so your wait is longer, and that pounds to dollars is not all in our favor, but 150 bucks is an excellent price new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The weak dollar strikes again. I think they are around 220 now. I found a set of XT on ebay for around 190 including shipping. Has anyone used the truvativ stylo? They have good reviews on this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
a few weeks back I won one for around 150 so your not too far off, I probably got lucky...I also check Craigslist from Northern Cal to Southern Cal, even AZ, and Utah and CO, and item like that is easily shipped, and tends to be in pretty good shape, cuz they are solid and people tend to take care of expensive things...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.