Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today for a ride on the single speed santa cruz. I have owned this bike for a little over 2 years and just now went on the real ride (off road) and have to admit it was amazing. After a brief run without a chain tug the drive side of the rear wheel came loose after hammering on it up a hill. I consulted this forum and found out about the chain tensioner/tug surly makes and went to rage to purchase. With qr I thought I might be in trouble, however this device saved the day and I was able to pound up the steepest grades today. thanks for the info and here is a few pics of the bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So when...

So, when are you going to make the conversion final and complete? Your chainstay desparately wants to see daylight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point, I will soon have to complete the transition as the tie downs will be cut tonight. Let there be light! Response for Okie: yea I am running with quick release and the surly tug is holding tight.

·
boomer
888 Posts
Thanks for replying; I just got some Sinz chain tensioners (Redline look-alikes) and was wondering if I could just throw 'em on with my Salsa QR's. I'll do that when the ice melts here in T-Town!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, as far as keeping the wheel in place from moving I think the sinz tensioners will work. That was my main concern rather than actually setting the tension on the chain. The surly had a little washer which was intended for the qr wheel system. I don't even think that part is necessary as long as you can line up the given holes on the tensioner with proper setting on the qr bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.