Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for the grand opening of Paradise Valley Conservation Area, we were out today adding some small features along a bit of an old road grade. (south eastern part of trail network towards 194th entrance)

http://evergreenmtb.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=7509

End Grain Roll Over
Wood Natural environment Plant community Natural landscape Woody plant

Larger Log Ride
Natural environment Forest Woody plant Nature reserve Old-growth forest

Skinnier Log Ride
Nature Vegetation Natural environment Wood Natural landscape

Scrap Pile
Wood Natural environment Natural landscape Forest Woody plant

Whole Line Facing Slight Downhill
Nature Natural environment Branch Forest Nature reserve

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Looks awesome ortedd! Nice work.
Will be good to scrape the bark off the tops and maybe cross-hatch them. One of these days....

Very stoked about the new potential trail that Brian mentioned, just need the county to check it out before we start it. It will definitely add some "Seat-down" flavor to PVCA.
:)

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Borneo said:
Come on down and ride it then! :)

It ain't way out backcountry. But, who cares?

More to come. For sure....

Stoked.
If it ain't way out backcountry, it just ain't. ;)

I'll get there, someday. I was just working near there the first of the year, too bad it was dark after work. And it was still closed.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
FM said:
Looks awesome ortedd! Nice work.
Will be good to scrape the bark off the tops and maybe cross-hatch them. One of these days....

We thought about that but thought that we'd leave 'em like this for now. Maybe a 4" wide flat later... Don't want to make it too easy now... ;)

Very stoked about the new potential trail that Brian mentioned, just need the county to check it out before we start it. It will definitely add some "Seat-down" flavor to PVCA.
:)
Yes, very cool! Lots of green young logs on ST to ferry across for Black Rock style cribbing if needed. Woodwork definately for across the bottom. We've done it before, we have the technology. (And, the cedar!)

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Not lately...

But, I know the woods well. :) I'll go take a look see early afternoon tomorrow. I need to ride west side Southern Traverse anyways as I heard we made it, "too smooth and fast". :eekster: :thumbsup:

Saw Malo at Return Every Item at lunch and he's down with digging there too. Along with everywhere else.

Signage going in right now. Hoping to have it complete for tomorrow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great job. Have ridden there twice now and its a blast. Are there any areas where the more one way dh trail may go that could potentially have a step up? For whatever reason I just find steps ups more fun than other jumps. More a sensation of floating than flying and landing slower definitely helps in the safety/learning/confidence building area.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Nice!

Good job! Can't wait to ride it.

Yes, there will soon hopefully be a one way trail in there between a re-routed points 22-12 which will likely have a step up or two at some point. Ride back up from 12 to 11 and do it again. I assume Woodway or FM will be posting a work party for this soon.

To address a couple other things, Yes, the maps currently say there is a Mountain Bike Skills center on the plateau. IT should say, "future" location. Most of the features including dirtwork will be on the west side old jeep road up there. Just takes time to get to all these things. There are also be 3-4 additional new trails to be built that will be biker/hiker only. One is envisioned as being left about as raw as the county will agree to with plenty of roots and logs, etc to cause one to whack their knee on their stem. And, that's when the weather is dry.

The Lloyd Detour will, if anything, get more difficult than it currently is. By design. The old ghetto stuff off to the sides will need to go away first and then plans bought off by the county.

Plus more cedar elevated stuff will be appearing. All approved by the county and built to last. Skinnier too.

Look for work parties on the Evergreen website. www.evergreenmtb.org

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Between points 14 and 15 on the map.

Currently it's just an out and back for us but something needed to be done to the old road bed to spice it up and the county was up for it so, why not?

Most people IMHO still don't know where this is because it's off the beaten path a little but hopefully more will add it to the usual ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts