Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd love a 12 speed xt bike but the rumors for the new hightower and tallboy redesigns don't include it in their build kits. I think the 2020 year model for some other SC bikes is coming out very soon (likely this week?) so maybe with them there will be a xt option but for now I have only heard rumors that the top level new hightower will have 12 speed xtr and no other shimano rumors.

So, I am doubtful, if the new hightower is any indication then Sc is going full sram drivetrain and suspension more than focusing on including shimano.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd love a 12 speed xt bike but the rumors for the new hightower and tallboy redesigns don't include it in their build kits. I think the 2020 year model for some other SC bikes is coming out very soon (likely this week?) so maybe with them there will be a xt option but for now I have only heard rumors that the top level new hightower will have 12 speed xtr and no other shimano rumors.

So, I am doubtful, if the new hightower is any indication then Sc is going full sram drivetrain and suspension more than focusing on including shimano.
Yeah, not XT but XTR available in the high volume models. Not sure which models are low volume.

According to SC:

Gone but not forgotten:

• XTR kits eliminated on lower-volume models
    Strega

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.