Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DuathloK
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Giant Hardtail this week, got my clipless pedals and shoes but now I have questions!!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a helmet?

After I practice clipping in and out, what next?

Tips?

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
Bunnyhop:) Just kidding.

Helmet, find the one that fit you most. Helmet would protect you about the same cheap or expensive, the expensive ones offers better adjustment and vents as well as colors. If you don't already have one I suggest full finger gloves and sunglasses.

Next would be Hydration pack, spare tubes, patch kits, mini pump, and multi tool, you are ready for almost anything on the trail.

As for practice the best and most fundamental is balance.
Practice slow speed turning, turn your bike in a small circle, smallest you can do at the slowest speed you can. Track stand is another important one. When practice new skills it's ok to put the flat pedal on and lower the seat.

Check out this link from Bikeskills lots of good instructions. Have fun on the trail.:thumbsup:
Edit: forgot the link:p http://www.youtube.com/user/bikeskills?feature=chclk

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
For helmet and gloves, try before you buy.

You might be lucky, and the first helmet you try fits just right. Or you might be like me and go through half a dozen shops to find one helmet that is comfortable.

... go and ride your bike. First, find some place that does not have a lot of challenging features.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.