Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace all of my chainrings on my 4 bolt FSA crankset (currently have all FSA rings on there) but not sure what to go with. I've bent numerous teeth on the middle (2 different rings) so wondering if I should consider something different. I don't want to add unnecsessary weight....wondering what other peoples experiences have been with:

Blackpire Super Pro
Race Face
or should I stick with FSA

·
Registered
971 Posts
i've used shimano, blackspire, raceface, fsa, cannondale - am now using middleburn and they are out of this world - get the hardcoat slickshift version, so good! if it's only out of raceface, fsa and blackspire i'd go blackspire.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just compared Blackspire and Raceface, and while I cannot yet comment on the Raceface when it comes to chain suck (I haven't used them enough yet), I can say that the Raceface rings shift up to the 3rd ring better than the Raceface.

I keep considering trying the Middleburns, which will probably be the next ones I get, but I want to put some wear on the Raceface rings first and see how they do with avoiding chainsuck. I can say that the Blackspire seemed to avoid chainsuck better than Shimano XT rings.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.