Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some better quality pis to those I posted the other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep pedals are temps.

I have twisted my ankle so for the moment the best I have been able to do is ride her to the train station to get it home.

The flats will remain until me ankle os strong enough for me to christen her off road.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Nice - I bet that bottom bracket area is pretty stiff. I also like how the chainstays are manipulated.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
How is the welding (around the HT especially)?

I was in my LBS last night and they had a Flash 3 on the floor and the welding was blobby, way below the quality of the smooth finish I expect to see on a C'dale.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welds are fine

The welds are fine, as can be seen in the pics. they look to be the usual cannondale smooth finish, its onyl on the chain stay bridge that they seem a lottle lumpy, but considerinf I won this in a raffle, who am I to complain!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sweet! :thumbsup:

I've been trying to locate that model around here with no luck. I'm in the market to buy a 29er, and that has everything I want. (If anyone knows of one around Chicago, let me know.)

What size is the bike? How tall are you, and what is your inseam?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
first ride

:D

Well, it wasnt anything over the top, just mostly flat stuff with some sandy bits.

But....hell I like it!

I really like the ride, I did have a flat (small block 8's dont like thorns) but it was kinda cool the way you could feel the tyre going down as the back end just seemed to be to move on the tyre a bit so you could feel the difference.

The 12-26 cass it bvery climb friendly, used it a little on some hardpack, at a look out near me (the only thing that even remotely looks like a large mound close by), but it allowed me to stay seated and keep the pedals moving. The front rotor is rubbing a little but i will get the sorted as it is only when I stand and lean the bike to the left.

I cant rate this bike enough, a serious nice frame and fork. speaking of the fork, BRILLIANT! I have tried the tora (with solo air) and this is no comparison. Smooth little bob even when standing, overall I like the way the "package" all works together.

I highly recommend. My only gripe the the chain stay protecter, needs a little more stretching to get it to fitt better, but **** if this is the worst i can find, I'm being too bloody pedandtic!

More feedback once I get the baby out there on some really trails.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sizing

The frame is a large (19 inch)

I have an 86 cm in seam, and run the saddle at 75cm, I like a long bike and this suits me down to the ground, swapping out parts on my other rides to match this one.

P. S. did I say a love this bike!! hehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts