Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I just took it out for its first dirt trail run. It’s definitely beginner and a pretty easy trail for most people, but there’s a couple quick downhills that are fun. It’s nice because it’s local and it helps keep the legs fresh for the weekend rides.

I was shocked just how well it climbed compared to even my last bike which was a fuel and was trail oriented. It really wanted to go faster downhill then I was ready for. I haven’t really ridden in months because of my bike was stolen.

It reminded me of when I used to surf in high school. I had a fun board. I think it was about a 7‘2“. I ripped on that thing. I had so much fun. When I wanted to get better I got like a 5’9” board and never had as much fun on it.

That’s what this bike reminded me of. I know it looks cool to have a really sick downhill oriented bike, but really, most of what I do is cross country. There certainly is some trail riding in my area where the longer travel might be useful but most of my riding is cross country. I shouldn’t fool myself and buy a bike that wasn’t meant for my type of riding. This thing rips and I’m really happy with it. Of course if money grew on trees I would probably get a longer travel bike just for those days my more experienced friends take me out. But for now this will be more than what I could have asked for :)

·
SS Pusher Man
7,590 Posts
I just took it out for its first dirt trail run. It’s definitely beginner and a pretty easy trail for most people, but there’s a couple quick downhills that are fun. It’s nice because it’s local and it helps keep the legs fresh for the weekend rides.

I was shocked just how well it climbed compared to even my last bike which was a fuel and was trail oriented. It really wanted to go faster downhill then I was ready for. I haven’t really ridden in months because of my bike was stolen.

It reminded me of when I used to surf in high school. I had a fun board. I think it was about a 7‘2“. I ripped on that thing. I had so much fun. When I wanted to get better I got like a 5’9” board and never had as much fun on it.

That’s what this bike reminded me of. I know it looks cool to have a really sick downhill oriented bike, but really, most of what I do is cross country. There certainly is some trail riding in my area where the longer travel might be useful but most of my riding is cross country. I shouldn’t fool myself and buy a bike that wasn’t meant for my type of riding. This thing rips and I’m really happy with it. Of course if money grew on trees I would probably get a longer travel bike just for those days my more experienced friends take me out. But for now this will be more than what I could have asked for :) View attachment 1915532 View attachment 1915533 View attachment 1915534

That's not a trail.....that's the FLoop.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
That's not a trail.....that's the FLoop.
Yeah wasn’t really hyping the trail, just happy to have taken it out midweek after no riding for months :) will be riding this weekend locally here in carbon canyon. Really I just enjoy the outdoors and keep my heart healthy as I’m getting older.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts