Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

In case you have missed the news about the Canfield Riot 29er, its Canfields new 140mm travel 29er. Super short 16.2in chainstays, 66.5 degree head tube angle and 76 degree seat tube angle. It has a reach of 17.25 inches on a medium, which is quite long even by new standards.

I like how they stepped outside the box and disigned something that pushed the limits of geometry on a 29er. They used a standard threaded BB, 142x12 spacing, and there is still enough room to run big 2.5 in 29er tires or 2.8in 27.5+ tires on 45mm internal width rims if thats what you want to do.

There is a 80+ page thread on the Canfield Forum if you want to dig into it real deep. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew about it since there is hardly any media reports on it.

Here are some pics

Hubsessed Cycle Works Canfield Brothers Riot Chris King NOBL Carbon rims Spank Spike Reverb side.jpg

Hubsessed Cycle Works Canfield Brothers Riot Chris King NOBL Carbon rims Spank Spike Reverb side.jpg

11950455_431016723754221_2102139645_n.jpg

11931180_1500567806928235_2003198748_n.jpg

·
Registered
849 Posts
Looks like a blast to ride, although probably more bike than I'd need most of the time. Curious about frame weight (couldn't see it on their webpage).

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
My frame without shock, but with rear axle, derailleur hanger and shock hardware was 7.91 lbs. Size large

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Nice to see them pushing the limits of geometry this way. Not than I can use this bike here much but I'd love to ride one on Porcupine Rim.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is the bike thats really piqued my interest. I'm currently happy enough with my mkI Horsethief but sometimes wish for something a bit more playful and this is sooo tempting.

Has anyone ridden this and a Banshee Prime?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I have.

What do you want to know?

In short, the Riot is the better bike and I hold the Prime in high regard. I've owned 3 at different times over the past few years, so it's good enough to come back to.

That being said, the Riot pedals just as well and there's no ignoring the 414mm chainstays on the Riot. It makes for an extremely capable and playful bike.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cheers Colin, really just any differences between the two and why you would choose one over the other. Build and finish look very similar any differences there? Oh and nice bike btw, stunning build 8) You wouldn't happened to have ridden a mkI HF would you:lol:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,992 Posts
Think I'd hit it with a coil if it was carbonz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts