Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from https://www.thebikinghub.com/mtb/expocycle-2006/

On the mountain bike side, KHS is now offering full suspension bikes using the Horst Link design starting at less than $700. But at the top of the line for 2007 is the $4,999 KHS XC 909, which is a Canadian-only XC race team bike designed by Ontario racer Josh Hall. The bike uses the stock Team cross country frame, but with a lightweight package hand-picked by Hall that includes Fox suspension, Spinergy wheels and the complete new XTR grouppo.

I can't find anymore info about this frame. I was told at a dealer that its lighter. Someone else told me this Canadian only version would have maple leafs on it. Does anyone have anymore info? I'm interested in knowing what was done to lightened it up and what are the other changes, besides the top tube which is pretty obvious.

Thanks

-Yann

·
Registered
91 Posts
What other info are you looking for? It says it's a stock frame with full new XTR components, fox shocks and spinnergy wheels.

I'd imagine any weight savings is from the wheel set and the new gruppo. Actually, now that I look at an '07 catalog, I see the pivot bar seems to be located higer on the seat tube and the rocker arm looks different. Hmm, interesting...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm specifically concerned with the frame. I was told the frame itself is lighter. I was wondering if anybody had any inside info. Nothing about that bike online, not even on the khs site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.