Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tracking up the place
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAs anyone tried these Bushings and DU 's Form BETD and thier nifty little tool? ANy insight would be helpgul..Based on the wen site it would be the Brass tool

"New STRONG Shock Bushes"
This new design of Shock bush replaces the older two piece design with a single stainless steel shaft the length of the two older bushes put together. An aluminium sleeve then slides on one end locating the shock in the centre of the shaft... Any help

http://www.betd.co.uk/website/betdframeset.htm

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Strong stock bushes - working well so far

Haroow said:
HAs anyone tried these Bushings and DU 's Form BETD and thier nifty little tool? ANy insight would be helpgul..Based on the wen site it would be the Brass tool

"New STRONG Shock Bushes"
This new design of Shock bush replaces the older two piece design with a single stainless steel shaft the length of the two older bushes put together. An aluminium sleeve then slides on one end locating the shock in the centre of the shaft... Any help

http://www.betd.co.uk/website/betdframeset.htm
I switched to the strong shock bush and the hula hoop bush a couple of months ago and so far they have been great. I actually like the strong bush design better than the standard shock bush. I replaced my stock bushes (actually stock for the BETD FSR XC -03 linkage) which had developed substantial play and the new bushes fixed the problem. What can I say, I put them, they fit, solved the problem, and I've forgotten about then since.

Their tool is great. It works as advertised and the eyelet bushes can be replaced in less than 5 minutes. My only complaint about the tool is that it was expensive.

G

·
I use the StrongBush and have the tool

and am very satisified with both, although the tool a bit expensive. In the long run the system will be cheaper though since it lasts longer and only the nylon bushing need replacing when it wears, which is only 4 GBP each or five for 15 GBP.

I say go for it, you'll be happy you did. I only wish I'd switched sooner rather than buying and installing the three replacement Fox bushings I needed in 18 months of wet UK riding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.