Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If new 07/08 Bullit owners could post their coil spring Lb rate/body weight that'd be appreciated.

Just trying to get a handle on what may be a real world starting rate for me (yes I know SC has their recommendations on their website).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sugar_Brad said:
160 lbs w/ gear-400 lb spring 1 preload turn 30% sag.

with dhx air 5.0- 160-170 psi main chamber, 150 psi boost with bottom out 3/4 in. 30% sag.
so SC's recommend weight/spring rate for you is close to the mark, take it your happy with the 400lber

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hey guys i weigh about 185lb (i aint so Chunky anymore) and im using a 450lb Ti spring, im getting 33% sag with 150psi in the Boost of my DHX5. Mind you id like to feel a 500lb spring cause i have bottomed a few times but not very hard. In the same breath i am losing weight so maybe if i can get under 180lb ill be fine with my 450lb.
Im also running my Totems with the spring they come with!

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is the same post from the bullit picture/post.

I weigh 185/190lb about 195 +/- with gear. Im running about 150psi. Well I pump it to 150 and after taking the pump off and loosing that little bit Im not sure what it is exately but close to 150. And the adjusting nut is at three turns. (even though they say no more than two and I dont even know why I went to three) It rides good now. I should say it lands sweet now. I just got back from the Ashville area and did some nice downhill. fast and flowing. The rear felt great and plush. No bottom out even with some nice drops. The old spring was way to soft. I called fox for the correct spring and I fell right between the 500 and 550lb spring. My thought was at my age (39) Im not going to get any lighter. After riding it im glad I went with the 550 and not the 500. And at 30 bucks I wasnt to worried about having to get another one. The 450lb would bottom it out on small size drops big drops.(3to4ft) Now its perfect.
This is the dhx3 so no other setting other than the rebound. Has anyone gone from the 3 to a 5 and noticed a differance? The 3 comes with the propedel set on med from the factory. I wonder if being able to set it to a 1 or 3 would feel any better? And what about the bottom out? I have thought about going to the air 5 but i think from reading posts that the med size drops I like to do would beat on the air to much. The spring seems to be recomended for harder riding.
The picture I posted above you can see the spring is the old 450. The nut is turned way in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.