Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keed, I keed. Don't want anyone getting their knickers in a twist. I recently built my first DH bike, a Morewood Izimu.

After getting it out on a couple shuttles, I realized I was happy with the size and the handling. I wasn't happy with how beat it was.

So, I contacted 1offpowdercoating (as initially suggested months ago by Latedropbob). Dale is a one-man part-time deal working out of his garage. I completely disassembled my frame and dropped it off on Tuesday. Picked it up stripped and powdercoated on Sunday for a very reasonable price. I think I actually chose the same flat orange that LDB did (sorry, Bob).

Anyway, really happy with how it turned out.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Blatant,

Did you have to get the frame chased and reamed or was it pretty clean when you picked it up? Also, did they apply the graphics for you? How did that work?

·
No Clue Crew
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No facing or chasing necessary. Pretty much the only thing he does is bikes, so he's on top of what needs to be plugged, etc. The graphics are just stock stickers I ordered from Morewood on top of the PC.

·
No Clue Crew
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bike worked great on the shuttles today. It even pedals pretty good for a big bike.

Put Hope V2s on it. They're also awesome, but the rear is howling like a banshee. Need to figure that out, it's embarrassing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.