Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to show those new anodized 7075T6 ChainRings coming out in france and soon in the US.

I posted a bunch of pictures on Facebook under Dn-Up

He also produces Ogival rings for mountain bike now : http://www.ogivalring.com

His main site is Dn-up.com and the pictures are under: Galerie Photos

Attaching a few pictures below

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new design ogivalring.com being sold and tested by Road race team in France. Bernard Hinault is behind them in France (5 time tour de France Champion). The first set of mountain bike rings are out. It is going to be interesting to try on the mountain Bike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
look at this study. the ogival have come up with new angles since this study but it is very interesting. We will see where it goes. Race teams are trying it in France and Hinault is behind it. I should get a set soon but from what I head the shifting was not been a problem.

·
Saving lives with knives.
959 Posts
Not the same as biopace, the long axis of the chain ring is placed at a different angle from the crank arms. Rotor has been making these for a while. There is a growing body of evidence that demonstrates modest but conistent gain in performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.