Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new brakes for me Zone...got a killer deal on some Hope motot v2s with vented rotors from a local homie that i couldnt pass up. You havent felt pure power with amazing modulation until you have felt these things...gotta get used to 1 finger braking now as even though thy have great modulation i would send myself over the bars if I keep using 2 fingers like i used to. I dont have tons of time on them yet (got them sunday) but I absolutely love them so far...they have just barely been broken in (about 95% left on the original pads) too which is nice that i dont have to set in the pads etc..The craftmanship on these things are amazing, almost everything is cnc'd and they did an incredible job doing it. Only complaint is that for some reason the logo faces the wrong direction and is to the inside of the wheel (apparently was made for brakes on the right side) but thats minor and i really dont give a crap what they look like lol (the rotors and levers/handlebar assembly does look pretty sweet though) They also have huge resiviors which combined with the neted rotors will keep them nice and cool on the long decents and prevent warping & fade etc etc...now for the pics :thumbsup:
Front:

Rear:

Handle bar assembly:

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrpercussive said:
nice brakes dude... that must've costed you an arm and a leg even with the bro deal... XD
Haha yeah they were like $100 more than i could get a new set of stroker trails for so i figured what the hell might as well lol. Those vented discs alone retail for like $90 each but they are really strong so i dont think ill have to worry too much about bending them or anything.

Yeah I like the look of the steel braided lines too (should hold up better than my old hayes ones, popped 2 or 3 of those things but hayes being awesome would always just send me another one lol), it looks kinda funky with the black shifter cable housings but oh well. They have a rubber coating over the outside so they dont make much noise and wont scratch the frame (already crazy scratched though lol)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.