Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Whatever. They copied the servo-wave lever cam, so it's "all new" I guess.

Why are they so obsessed with 4 pistons when shimano can get two to work properly ?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I couldn't say anything negative about my XT's even if someone was paying me to come up with it. They are hands down the best cycling related product I have owned.

Sorry, couldn't be less interested in the new SRAM brakes.

·
Saving lives with knives.
959 Posts
Avid code anyone? Striking resemblance. I totally agree, they should try and figure out how to deal with 2 pistons before they jump to 4.

Apparently, sram has gone back to using the old juicy designs, check their website.

·
~ B A D A S S ~
3,236 Posts
From what I understand the problems with srams/avids have mostly been manufacturing related (probably not machined to spec/cleaned properly after etc), bad speced/out of spec seals and orings, non existent quality control, assembled by blind monkeys and so on and not the actual designs themselves. I mean since some specimens actually work as supposed for a long time. Then it can't be faulty designs, since none of them would work then.

If it was the designs that were bad, thats one thing. That can be improved. But now it seems like its all the other "important" stuff. Stuff you either really have, or don't have.

I don't think anything will improve. I'm fairly certain of that. Sure I've gotten shimanos that was fukced from the factory and those were immediately replaced with working ones. Its not really the norm with other makers, but with sram it is.

·
~ B A D A S S ~
3,236 Posts
Avid code anyone? Striking resemblance. I totally agree, they should try and figure out how to deal with 2 pistons before they jump to 4.

Apparently, sram has gone back to using the old juicy designs, check their website.
Wasn't the Juicy line also designed and MANUFACTURED by formula? I think thats the real problem for sram.
Yeah well i don't really know. but those worked, and they worked well. So if they want stuff that works i suggest they start making those exact brakes again. whoever now made them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts